By AACVPR Staff | Nov. 9, 2018
The American College of Cardiology (ACC) has launched a robust webinar series on Cardiac Rehabilitation for physicians. The purpose of the series is to provide physicians, particularly those who are medical directors of Cardiac Rehabilitation programs, with the knowledge they need to optimize care for patients suitable for these programs.
This 15-module, 5-webinar series offers important information that is not readily available elsewhere, particularly in this focused manner. This is a must-see for any new medical director of Cardiac Rehabilitation, current medical directors and fellows. Dr. Richard Josephson, one of the creators of the series, shared his thoughts with us.
“This series is a unique and potentially transformative program that provides didactic information that positions physicians to enhance the care of the patients they are taking care of in Cardiac Rehabilitation. The series is all in one location, and it provides information that is not readily available elsewhere.”
The series’ detailed outline is below:
Webinar 1 - Overview and Regulations
- Welcome and Introduction – Dr. Mary Norine Walsh
- Brief Overview and the ITP – Dr. Richard A. Josephson
- Patient Screening, Referrals, and Enrollment – Dr. Marjorie King
Webinar 2 - Principles of Exercise Training, Stress Testing, Patients with CAD
- Principles of Aerobic Exercise Prescription – Dr. Melissa Tracy
- The Role of Exercise Stress Testing – Dr. Alison Bailey
- Patients with CAD – Dr. David M. Shipon
Webinar 3 - Patients with Systolic Heart Failure, LVADs, post Heart Transplant or Frailty
- Patients with Congestive Heart Failure – Dr. John A. Larry
- Following Cardiac Transplantation or Implant of LVADs – Dr. Steven J. Keteyian
- Frailty: Gait/Strength/Balance – Dr. Daniel E. Forman
Webinar 4 - Exercise Prescription for Patients with Pacemakers, ICDs, or Recent Valve Procedures
- Heart Rate & Rhythm and the Devices that Control Them – Dr. Richard A. Josephson
- Post Cardiac Valve Surgery – Dr. Jonathan H. Whiteson
- Principles of Psychosocial Evaluation, MI, and Behavior Change – Dr. Joel W. Hughes
Webinar 5 - The Spectrum of CR: Phase 1, Phase 3, and Intensive Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Tobacco Cessation – Dr. Richard A. Josephson
- Phase 1, Phase 3 and Non-Center Based Cardiac Rehab – Dr. Alison Bailey
- The Transformative Power of Lifestyle Medicine – Dr. Dean Ornish
This is a great resource for non-physician Cardiac Rehabilitation professionals to take to the physicians and administrators with whom they work. The series is completely free to all, even if one is not a member of ACC (to access the series, one simply needs to create a login on the website).
To access this exciting new resource, click here.