By the AACVPR Programming Committee Leadership | Aug. 24, 2020
There’s only one month to AACVPR’s premier event- the 35th Annual Meeting, “Charting New Horizons”.
Little did we know when the conference theme was decided that CR and PR practice advances and changes would share center stage with a whole new format.
The Program Planning Committee approached the challenge of a fully virtual meeting with the intent of delivering an educational experience that will be innovative and packed with the same relevant content and experiences that have made our previous conferences so successful.
Here’s a sneak peak of the highlights so you don’t have to take our word for it:
- The Annual Meeting will take place September 30- October 2 and as a registrant, you will have access to both live streaming sessions and pre-recorded on-demand sessions
- There will be two pre-meeting workshops: AACVPR Program Certification and Expanding Cardiac Rehabilitation Participation to Include New Patient Populations
- Each day there will be sessions offered in four distinct tracks. More than 50 sessions will be offered throughout the 3-day conference, including live broadcast presentations and on-demand offerings.
- We have retained and adapted some popular and familiar conference features: opening keynote with Wayne Sotile, rapid-fire sessions, award presentations with awardee “TED” style talks, emerging professionals workshop, a fun networking event, and unopposed time for vendor interactions each day
- Our signature Beginning Investigator Award presentations along with a new offering- a Late-Breaking Manuscript (to be published in September-October issue of the JCRP) will be presented by the author—giving you advanced access to the newest research in our fields
- An application has been made through our partners at Creighton University to afford you the opportunity to receive up to 45.25CEUs.
If that’s not enough to get you excited, we have assembled our “Top 10” list of reasons for taking part in this year’s Annual Meeting:
- No masks required.
- Relevant, current educational content that will be live and available on demand through 12/31/20.
- You can binge watch something that is actually educational.
- Same great Annual Meeting offerings at a substantial cost savings including discounted group registration for your whole team.
- The conference schedule won’t interfere with your weekend.
- Feed your mind with not only stellar scientific content but sunrise yoga and a fun, stimulating trivia contest.
- National bragging rights if you and/or your colleagues win the trivia contest.
- Opportunities to hear from our CR and PR international colleagues and celebrate JCRP’s 40th anniversary
- Meet and hear from our new AACVPR President, Dean Diersing.
- You won’t miss a minute of the important Regulatory and Practice Update or Murray Low’s Exercise Literature: Year in Review with the added on-demand feature.
“See you” in September!
AACVPR Programming Committee Leadership: Tom Draper,MBA, FAACVPR; Adam DeJong, MA, FACSM, MAACVPR;Hannah Muerhoff; Mark Williams, PhD, MAACVPR, FACSM;Mollie Corbett; Kate Traynor, RN, MS, MAACVPR; and Meztli Mijes